What is a Discipleship Pathway?
When the Bible describes how we interact with Jesus, it never talks about a “personal relationship with Christ.” Sure, the ideas are there, but often we simply find the word “walk.”
On most pathways, there is a clearly delineated route to walk. There are markers of progress; there is a sureness of direction. At any time, we know where we are and how far we’ve got to go.
At Mosaic, we exist to be disciples who make disciples. You may wonder what that looks like for you in a practical sense, so we put it in what we call “The Discipleship Pathway.”
As a member of Mosaic, we want you to be involved in 4 specific areas of our church:
- We want you to come to know God more in a weekly corporate worship service as Pastors James and Shay teach the Bible.
- We want you to find community in a small group as you navigate life with others, guided by God’s Word.
- We want God’s Word to take root in you and spread to others as you grow in discipleship relationship of 3-5 men or women.
- We want you to join God’s work to change the world through missions, evangelism, and serving.
Weekly Corporate Worship
Each week members, regular attenders, and first-time guests gather together to worship Jesus through song, the preaching of God’s Word, giving, serving, and fellowship with one another. This is the most common “front door” for people checking out Mosaic and is a crucial part of the life of our church for our members. We see a pattern of the New Testament church meeting together for worship and we are commanded to not forsake assembling together. If you are considering visiting Mosaic for the first time during a corporate worship service, please check out the “What to Expect” link above.
Small Groups at Mosaic of Winchester are Missional Communities…
- They are committed to regular, passionate prayer for people.
- They are serving the community in tangible ways.
- They are committed to intentionally living among unbelievers and inviting them into the group.
- They are committed to having spiritual conversations that lead to sharing the Gospel of Jesus and the Word of God with people.
- They are committed to sharing the Gospel of Jesus and the Word of God with one another.
- They are committed to regular, passionate prayer for one another.
- They are committed to intentionally sharing life with one another.
- They serve one another in bearing burdens.
While our groups all function from the same DNA, each group may run things like refreshments, child care, and format slightly differently. We have small groups that meet across the community in the fall and in late winter/spring. We also have special topic groups that run through the summer months. These are great opportunities for you to take the next step on your discipleship pathway to get to know others, grow together, and serve the community.
Discipleship is important at Mosaic; it’s an important process for every believer that provides intimate friendships, an environment of accountability, and most importantly, it cultivates a life rooted deeply in God’s Word.
The third step in the Discipleship Pathway is to participate in a yearly Discipleship Relationship or a “D-Group.” A D-Group is a gender-specific, closed group of 3-5 believers who meet together weekly for the purpose of accelerated spiritual transformation. Most D-Groups are formed out of relationships in a small group.
Share With Others
The long-term goal of discipleship relationships is that the ones being discipled would become disciple-makers themselves. We exist as a community of missionaries and disciple-makers sent into the world on mission with Jesus. Will you join us on this pathway?